3 replies to this topic

#1 mike13

mike13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 03:56 AM

I often see ads to get a free copy of Vista for free. You have to click on their advertisement and then answer a series of questions. I did that one time a while back and got tired after about two minutes, and was afraid I would be swamped with advertising spam. Anyway, I was thinking about maybe setting up a free Yahoo mail address, and then trying out the ad again. That way I could answer all the questions, get my free copy, and just never use the Yahoo mail address. I am sure I am not the first to think about this. Anyone actually do this yet ?? How long does it take to answer all the questions ? Is it worth it ? Thanks for your replies.

#2 WarXchild

WarXchild

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 01:13 PM

Using a new email address just for this purpose is the best way to do it.. is it worth it.. I do not think so, but then again all those offers are for people in the US so i never tried it. I have never heard of anyone "winning" such offers either.

#3 newage

newage

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 04:29 PM

you know those "GET A FREE XBOX360" Ad's? well, your looking at a similar Ad but with winning an OS. it's fake and they are not sending you the OS. they send you some crap software that's not even an OS! god... people don't try this crap.

#4 peerless_one

peerless_one

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 11:10 PM

you know those "GET A FREE XBOX360" Ad's? well, your looking at a similar Ad but with winning an OS. it's fake and they are not sending you the OS. they send you some crap software that's not even an OS! god... people don't try this crap.

I can personally vouch for the validity of several of these FREE IPOD - FREE XBOX - FREE VISTA advertisements. I have completed the programs and received both a "free" iPod and "free" Microsoft Vista Ultimate. This was the site for VISTA: http://www.freesoftwaregifts.com/

However, there was a long process of questions - where I declined all the offers - which lead to some directed email advertising coming your way (even though I declined) and after that process, there was about 6 offers which had to be chosen and completed exactly as asked. I believe there were some Free Trials which could be undertaken (many others to choose from) and some low cost offers. The conditions were not completely upfront, but generally were well stated, and I probably spent about 80 dollars when all was done.

For my $80 and several weeks involvement, I was eventually sent a $400 check to buy for my "free" Windows Vista Ultimate Edition or whatever I chose. It was all legitimate.

NOT all sites can be vouched for... and nothing ends up totally FREE.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users