• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Captaincrunch

Captaincrunch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 03:49 PM

anyone out there who knows the answer........

with win xp pro if you forget your password at the login how can you bypass so you dont have to format the hard drive, i have tryed to start up in safe mode but that dont work .. there is nothing wrong with the os, i have just forgotten my password and it just seems a shame to have to start again :rolleyes:
if anyone could help that would be great......

#2 snodger

snodger

Grumpy old man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 06:04 PM

Microsoft provides a way for you to gain access to your computer without the password if you have the Windows CD and serial number to hand. You need to use the Repair facility. The downside is that using this facility will replace system files on your computer with the files on the CD. This means that if the CD is old then you will need to update your OS after the repair. Of course you would have to do this after a reformat anyway, but the repair should not affect any of your installed programs or your settings. Another method that works is to use a specially prepared toolbox boot disk with NTFS drivers and software that can read the Windows registry. There are several such boot discs available, such as HakwPE or Hiren. These boot discs contain dozens of tools for repairing and configuring Windows; among them will be at least one password recovery tool. I know from experience that these methods work. Alternatively, you could try one of the specific password recovery tools freely available on the Internet, but I have no experience on which to judge their effectiveness.

If you decide on the Repair route, your best option is to use a CD with SP3 integrated (slipstreamed) if you are able to borrow or create one. This will save all the updating afterwards. If you are unsure about carrying out a repair, read this page for full details. You need to be alert for the correct moment to interrupt the installation of files during the repair operation.

After the computer reboots automatically (which happens after files have been copied), watch the screen carefully. "Installing Windows" will start. Soon the progress bar for Installing Devices will appear. When you see this progress bar, press SHIFT + F10. A command console will open. At the prompt, type NUSRMGR.CPL and press the Enter key. This will give you access to User Accounts. Change the password to something you will remember, or make it blank. Then close the window and exit the command console. It is important that you now continue with the repair, else the new password will not be set.

#3 WarXchild

WarXchild

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 05:50 PM

The easiest way I found to get a lost password back was to use Hiren's Boot CD http://www.hiren.info/pages/bootcd . Infact I have used it around 3 times the past couple of months, once on a rack server with RAID controllers.

After bootup it will show you a screen where you can choose System Recover, and then either the Active Password recovery or the Offline Password Recovery. It will read and display all user accounts and upon selecting one it will reset its password to blank.

Restart and when Windows Login screen comes up asking for a password just press enter, you are back in Windows.

#4 ZeMerlin

ZeMerlin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 03:56 PM

U could just search on Youtube on how to get around it

try to search for "hack a windows xp account" or something

#5 Chris2010

Chris2010

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 10:52 AM

I think the best method is using windows password recovery software. Burn the .iso file to a blank CD or a USB flash drive or a floppy disk, insert the CD(USB/floppy disk) into the problem computer and your password will be reset to "Blank" without losing any data and you needn't reinstall windows OS.

#6 killytu

killytu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 02:19 AM

I also know a windows password recovery tool which can easily bypass windows password ,including your forgotten windows administrator password and user passwords.You can try this.

#7 jamesstevn

jamesstevn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 02:42 AM

You can create a Windows password reset disk to reset your password. Follow this 5 easy steps:

1. Enter a computer that can link to Internet. Google "windows password recovery tool". Download and install the software on that computer.

2. Run the software and create windows password reset disk by follow the instructions.

3. Eject the created CD/DVD and insert it into the locked computer.

4. Reboot the locked computer (it's necessary for you to change your locked computer's BIOS setting to make it boot from CD drive) and then follow the instructions to reset your password.

5. Now login Windows and set a new password.

#8 jonesdave81

jonesdave81

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:36 AM

anyone out there who knows the answer........

with win xp pro if you forget your password at the login how can you bypass so you dont have to format the hard drive, i have tryed to start up in safe mode but that dont work .. there is nothing wrong with the os, i have just forgotten my password and it just seems a shame to have to start again :rolleyes:
if anyone could help that would be great......

I also experienced the same problem a few days ago. I reset Windows password by using password recovery bundle, I have spent a whole day to search a workable software.

#9 Yeaney

Yeaney

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:42 AM

Last week I forgot my Windows XP password and locked out of computer. At first I didn't know how to get past it until my friend recommended me Windows Password Key. It is really helpful!

#10 Makeery

Makeery

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 11:03 AM

Last week I forgot my Windows XP password and locked out of computer. At first I didn't know how to get past it until my friend recommended me Windows Password Key. It is really helpful!

The Windows password can be reset  or recovered is helpful

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users