• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kenlitting

kenlitting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 04:57 PM

i have a celeron d processor with 640 dd ram bios set to boot from combo drive first priority it boots all windows xp cd boot cd but not vista dvd why
i get compatibility option okay from microsoft for celeron d for vista home premium. BUT computer not booting from combo drive ie cdwriter with dvd player. please help. i was using vista home premium dvd

#2 Rogue

Rogue

Immortal Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 01:14 AM

A few questions to ask yourself:

- Can the drive read DVDs?
- Did you download the opperating system from the internet? If yes, was the ISO image bootable?
- If downloaded from the internet, did you burn the ISO image to the disc correctly?

#3 kenlitting

kenlitting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 04:17 PM

A few questions to ask yourself:

- Can the drive read DVDs?
- Did you download the opperating system from the internet? If yes, was the ISO image bootable?
- If downloaded from the internet, did you burn the ISO image to the disc correctly?

ya friend it can read dvd s i even tried my friends internal dvd writer in my computer but and bios set to boot from dvd drive but not booting. as u said downloaded vista from net was iso image got it burned with g burner software to dvd & its opening setup but as my xp professional can be upgraded to vista ultimate only not vista home premium so its asking to put dvd and boot, but not booting from dvd. bios is set to dvd first priority i checked

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users