Posted 23 August 2008 - 07:29 AM

Windows Vista Home Premium
Acer
Model: Aspire M5600
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6. 00PG
Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 @2.2GHZ
1024MB OF RAM (DDR2)
Internet: Starhub Maxonline 8Mbps

1. When the OS startup it keep showing this two error which i attached the image below. Why is this so?
2. The pc keep lagging and when open up a broswer like internet explorer and firefox and typing a search through Google search it will take ages to load. The loading bar is not even moving. Why is that so?
3. When the pc run of almost an hour and above, the pc slow down and keep lagging, the pc is only 5 months old. Why is that so? Disk cleanup and Disk Defragmenter are been done but nothing seem to help.

(: :)

Attached Files

Edited by friss, 01 September 2008 - 02:37 AM.

#2 WarXchild

WarXchild

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 09:35 PM

Looks like the effects of Trojan.Vundo . Symantec has posted a good removal tool here http://www.symantec....-112210-3747-99

#3 friss

friss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 10:04 AM

After i scan my pc with the Trojan.Vundo Removal Tool by Symantec, the result was nothing was found which i attached the image below.

(: :)

Attached Files

#4 snodger

snodger

Grumpy old man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 11:55 AM

After i scan my pc with the Trojan.Vundo Removal Tool by Symantec, the result was nothing was found.

Well clearly, I don't have as much faith in Symantec as does WarXchild, because I would not trust the outcome of their scan. I do think that this is a trojan, even if it is not Vundo. Vundo usually places its dlls in the \system32 folder but, on your computer, winlogon is looking for them in a different location and cannot find them.

I suggest you go to a a site that deals with malware infection, such as forums.techguy.org/. They will get you to run HiJackThis and will lead you through the steps needed to cleanse your computer.

#5 friss

friss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 09:21 AM

Thank you i have found my problem.

#6 snodger

snodger

Grumpy old man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 09:52 AM

That's good news! Would you care to share the details with us?

#7 WarXchild

WarXchild

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 11:59 AM

the solution must have involved symantec :)

#8 snodger

snodger

Grumpy old man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 09:20 PM

the solution must have involved symantec :P

LOL

Fat chance! :)

#9 friss

friss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 04:15 AM

I install a software called CCleaner from downloadcom. It a freeware and fix my registry problems and the problem is solved.

Symantec is really useless, no help @ ALL.

Edited by friss, 22 September 2008 - 04:16 AM.

#10 WarXchild

WarXchild

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 08:52 AM

Well, Symantec is not a registry fixer/cleaner. Its not supposed to do that. You are blaming a car for not floating on water :(

#11 snodger

snodger

Grumpy old man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 03:05 PM

friss,

this is my take on what happened to your computer.

• It was infected with a virus that placed the DLLs on your hard drive and hooked them into winlogon.exe by means of entries in the registry.
  • The virus and the DLLs were removed by some anti-virus tool (probably a Symantec tool :(), but the registry entries remained.
  • When you logged on, winlogon.exe ran and your computer reported that the DDLs, hooked into it, could not be found. These are the messages you received.
  • CCleaner was able to spot the invalid/broken registry entries and remove them.
  • Job done.

#12 engines

engines

Immortal Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 01:01 PM

Yes have to agree with that as I had a similar situation a while back and had a heck of a time getting rid of it. I ended up using vundofix.exe. This had to be run a few times as well as xoftspy which was also good in removing this crap

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users