Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 09:53 AM

muBlinder

( Microsoft Update Blinder )

Latest Version: 3.61 (23-Feb-2010)

DOWNLOAD: Version 3.61 Attached File  muBlinder.zip   1.14MB   1045065 downloads

Download the FIX file below only if you are using muBlinder v3.54 or an earlier version:
Attached File  muBlinderDOTNET35SP1_FIX.zip   653bytes   28490 downloads

Version 3.61 posts start from here All earlier posts are for previous versions.

Other Downloads:

PeerSpider

Posted Image

PeerSpider -> Tired of jumping from one site to another searching for that file you need to download? PeerSpider allows you to search multiple p2p sites with one single go. Sites appear in their own tabs for easy browsing. PeerSpider can be found here http://www.p2plife.c..._Page-t334.html .

muBlinder Changes 3.61 (23-Feb-2010):

* Works with MS Update 1.9.42.0 (1.9.0042.0)
* Cosmetic changes to UI and Credits tab.

muBlinder Changes 3.60 (02-Apr-2009):

* Works with MS Update 1.9.40.0 (1.9.0040.0)
* Updated Notification Method 1 files to 1.9.40.0 (1.9.0040.0)
* Fixed: Error when wgatray.exe exists but wgalogon.dll does not. (reported by biko5a)

muBlinder Changes 3.59 (15-Feb-2009):

* Works with MS Update 1.9.9.1 (1.9.0009.1)
* Updated Notification Method 1 files to 1.9.9.1 (1.9.0009.1)

muBlinder Changes 3.58 (01-Feb-2009):

* Works with MS Update 1.9.9.0 (1.9.0009.0)
* Updated Notification Method 1 files to 1.9.9.0 (1.9.0009.0)
* Changed startup validation check popup messages to make them clearer.

muBlinder Changes 3.57 (08-Oct-2008):

* Updated Notification Method 1 files to 1.8.31.9 (1.8.0031.9)
* Fixed: Side by Side Configuration error on Vista machines. (reported by iamhim)
* Removed: Comments column on Blinders tab.

muBlinder Changes 3.56 (27-Sep-2008):

* Works with MS Update 1.8.31.9 (1.8.0031.9)
* Fixed: Extended 100% CPU usage while checking for updates in very rare cases. Will now timeout in 25 seconds. (reported by Rogue)
* Fixed: EULA was not appearing.
* Fixed: Warning message when closing muBlinder was not appearing.
* Changed: Uses DNS instead of ICMP ping when checking if update site is online.

muBlinder Changes 3.55 (10-Sep-2008):

* Works with MS Update 1.8.31.0 (1.8.0031.0)
* Fixed: muBlinder was not working under .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
* Updated SharpZip library
* Updated Notification Method 1 files
- Thanks to "Pla net" and "Snodger" for testing this release.

muBlinder Changes 3.54 (27-Mar-2008):

* Works with MS Update 1.7.69.2 (1.7.0069.2)
* Fixed bug that allows using the app without accepting EULA.
* Removed WhyValidate link when an old DLL exists in System folder.

muBlinder Changes 3.53 (25-Mar-2008):

* Works with MS Update 1.7.69.1 (1.7.0069.1)
* Both Microsoft Update AND Microsoft Download Center are working.

muBlinder Changes 3.52 (03-Nov-2007):

* Works with MS Update 1.7.59.1 (1.7.0059.1)
* Download Center requires new DLL, updated to work with it. (thanks Snodger)

muBlinder Changes 3.51 (28-Oct-2007):

* Works with MS Update 1.7.59.0 (1.7.0059.0)
* Fixed: Cosmetic bug, black background on credits in some XP Themes.

muBlinder Changes 3.5 (13-May-2007):

* Works with MS Update 1.7.36.0 (1.7.0036.0)
* Added address bar box to muBlinder browser (suggested by akiki)
* Fixed: Black background and text in blinder instructions using some XP Themes.
* Fixed: Validation check on startup was not working in versions 3.3 to 3.4

muBlinder Changes 3.4 (03-March-2007):

* Works with MS Update 1.7.18.1 (1.7.0018.1)
* Removed popup when hash fails while running a blinder.
* Experimental fix for rare bug when downloading a blinder (file already in use/does not exist error).
* Fixed Portuguese translation (thanks to Saulo Benigno)

Note: All translations put on hold until an easier translation system is developed.

muBlinder Changes 3.3 (06-January-2007):

* Works with MS Update 1.5.723.1
* Patched file placed in System32.
* Editable credit boxes fixed.
* Added option to disable warning message when closing muBlinder.

muBlinder Changes 3.2 (17-October-2006):

* Works with MS Update 1.5.708.0
* Original MS DLL is patched in memory without changing any files on your system.
* Fixed crash when muBlinder is blocked from accessing the registry (reported by Spiziuz)
* Blinders placed in the data/blinders folder are automatically detected on the fly
* Added Credits tab.
* Added new languages:
- Danish
- Russian
- Thai
- Portuguese
- Italian
* Updated Languages
- German
- Spanish
* Added an easter egg. (has nothing to do with the chicken i ate)

muBlinder Changes 3.1 (13-September-2006):

* Works with MS Update 1.5.708.0
* Corrected button text to "Go To Download Center" on validation tab
* Corrected German language translation (thanks to Whiteman)
* Added red text to attract attention to blinder Instructions.

muBlinder Changes 3.0 (08-September-2006):

* Can bypass Media Player 11 Beta 2 validation via downloadable Blinders (plugins/patches)
* Can bypass Internet Explorer 7 RC1 validation via downloadable Blinders (plugins/patches)
* Can bypass Windows Defender Beta 2 validation via downloadable Blinders (plugins/patches)
* Can bypass MS Private Folder v1.0 validation via downloadable Blinders (plugins/patches)
* New method for removal of Notifications (Method 1).
* Notifications Method 1 automatically removes Notification update from MS Update site.
* You can now force the installation of the Validation DLL without the need to install it from MS Update.
* New muBlinder Patching Engine (Blinders Engine) to make your own blinders/patches.
* New Tab "Create" allows the creation of Blinder packages and publishing them for download by others.
* New Tab "Blinders" allows the downloading and running of Blinder packages.
* New Tab "Settings" consolidates all muBlinder options in one Tab.
* muBlinder can make sure Validation and Notification status is still functional during Windows Startup if enabled.
* Ability to run silently or in verbose mode during Startup and log events into file if run silently.
* New commandline parameter /startup works in conjunction with Startup settings.
* New ability to check for updates during startup in conjunction with Startup settings.
* One single file. All resources are packed inside mublinder and used when needed.
* Multi-threaded ability for faster processing when creating a Blinder.
* Blinder community offloaded into seperate webbased files for faster updates without the need to update muBlinder itself.
* Ability to comment and rate Blinders (+will go online within a few days)
* Stepped on a cats tail.
* Ability to send shouts to users via the "Message of the Day" window on the About tab (+will go online within a few days)
* Translation of Tab menu, Validation Tab, Notification Tab to following languages (other tabs and languages will follow):
- German
- Dutch
- French
- Spanish
* Switch language on the fly without the need to close muBlinder via the top left language pulldown menu.
* Ate chicken for lunch.
* Lots of behind the scenes code to recover and prevent errors.

muBlinder Changes 2.3 (27-June-2006):

* Works with MS Update 1.5.0.540.0
* Corrected minor spelling mistake.

muBlinder Changes 2.2 (09-June-2006):

* Works with MS Update 1.5.0.532.2
* Fixed "Cannot Access DLL" on rare occasions. (reported by various users)
* Code to remove previous -wgaLogon.dll to prevent possible overwrite errors.
* Removed Method 1 on Notification tabs
* Added extra documentation (suggested by brettman273)

muBlinder Changes 2.1 (01-June-2006):

* Works with MS Update 1.5.0532.0
* Bug fixed which was reported by FFF here .

muBlinder Changes 2.0 (30-May-2006):

* Complete re-code
* Works with Microsoft Update AND Microsoft Download Center
* Added Windows Genuine Notification removal
* Added Backup/Restore ability
* Added check to report on new versions of muBlinder

muBlinder Summary:

Ever got frustrated trying to update your Windows OS through Microsoft Update only to discover that for some mysterious reason it won't work? Maybe a corrupt DLL, conflicting software, firewall, other problems? muBlinder could be of use to you!

muBlinder Description:

muBlinder ( Microsoft Update Blinder ) is an application that bypasses Microsoft Update's Genuine Windows Validation and allows you to view, choose and install all available updates in addition to downloading programs off of the Microsoft Download Center. Incase you have installed the Genuine Windows Notification update muBlinder allows you to get rid of those nagging popups.

In addition, muBlinder can help you install applications that contain WGA protection with the use of external blinders (plugin patches). You can even create your blinders for others to use!

muBlinder does not need to be installed and can be placed on a floppy disk or flash memory stick. Just unzip to a folder of your choice and run it. For removal, simply delete the muBlinder.exe file and its folders.

muBlinder Usage:

1) Run muBlinder.exe

Various options are explained within the relevant muBlinder tabs.

muBlinder Troubleshooting:

1) .Net Framework 2

Posted Image

Posted Image

If you get the error above, you need to download the Microsoft .NET 2 Framework from here http://www.microsoft...dd-aab15c5e04f5

2) Windows Installer 3.0

If you need Windows Installer 3.0 you can get it from http://www.softwarep...ninstallnt.html

For further help with troubleshooting, please consult the muBlinder User Guide before posting for support.

muBlinder Screenshots:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

muBlinder DISCLAIMER

muBlinder is intended for use by those who already own a Windows OS license but might be experiencing difficulty getting updates due to corrupt DLLs or other problems. It is not intended to be used on or to help in any sort of way in the use of pirated or otherwise unauthorized versions of any Windows OS. By using this software you declare that you legally own a license to use the Windows OS on which the software will run on.

#2 Siefer

Siefer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 02:51 PM

IT WORKED :)
Thanx WarXchild for this post, finally someone came up with a practical solution... Cheers for the excelent work.

muBlinder

Latest Version: 1.0 (30-April-2006)

#3 WarXchild

WarXchild

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 05:49 PM

Thanks Siefer, glad it worked for you.

As i write this there are around 140 downloads, let us know how it went for you guys!

#4 still at it

still at it

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 06:10 PM

After trying over 20 different solutions and none of them working--most of them dated in 2005--I am glad to see one that works today--April 30, 2006. But when I ran the .exe, it said I neet to install ".Net Framework: 2.0.50727" What is this? Where do I get it? I have XP Media Center 2002 and need to get this thing upgraded.

muBlinder

Latest Version: 1.0 (30-April-2006)

#5 still at it

still at it

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 06:38 PM

I downloaded it, also downloaded .Net Framework v 2.0, and ran it.

It did not work!!
I clicked Start, the Windows came up as you say, but no options for the downloads appeared, so I selected Expres one time, then Custom the other time. In both cases, it wanted to download the 0 bytes program for authentication, and the installation "Failed".......

Any ideas (XP Media Center 2002).....I am frustrated. I really thought this one would do it because people are using it right now!

#6 Y2k5

Y2k5

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 09:13 PM

this is a brillaint peice of software- worked brilliant on my media center 2005. i hated the validation process.!! got really annoying.

thanks to the guy/gal who made this. :)

#7 WarXchild

WarXchild

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 10:31 PM

I downloaded it, also downloaded .Net Framework v 2.0, and ran it.

It did not work!!
I clicked Start, the Windows came up as you say, but no options for the downloads appeared, so I selected Expres one time, then Custom the other time. In both cases, it wanted to download the 0 bytes program for authentication, and the installation "Failed".......

Any ideas (XP Media Center 2002).....I am frustrated. I really thought this one would do it because people are using it right now!

I have not tested it on XP Media Center, although Y2k5 reports its working under MC 2005 (sorry i actually completely forgot of MC's existance!). Yes, you do need .NET Framework v2.0 .

Here is something you can do to troubleshoot. The Custom and Express options should appear, that is normal, I suggest you choose "Custom". It is at that point that MS Update loads its checking mechanism. When you reach at the Custom and Express option page, the progress bar between the Start and About buttons should stop and dissapear and the Start button should change to "Blind!" and be disable. Does this happen? That signals that muBlinder has correctly detected and tried to blind the checking mechanism. If the progress bar is still there and the Start button is unchanged then the detection scan failed.

Which of the two scenarios do you encounter on XP Medica Center 2002?

Any others experienced the same on XP MC2002 or have had positive results?

#8 Bill Rexford

Bill Rexford

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 05:45 AM

Thanks Siefer, glad it worked for you.

As i write this there are around 140 downloads, let us know how it went for you guys!

I signed up to reply to your post. Your mublinder worked fine for me. XPpro sp2

A word of caution, look out for MS's Windows Genuine Advantage Notification. What a piece of $hit that was.

Would be nice if you could put windows download center in your browser.

#9 solar

solar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 06:28 AM

When I download the 'mublinder.zip' file it says that it appears not to be a VALID archive. I have the latest and greatest Winzip 10.0 installed. Any ideas? Could the file be corrupt? Thanks for any help you guys can provide.

Edited by solar, 01 May 2006 - 06:29 AM.

#10 WarXchild

WarXchild

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 05:20 PM

When I download the 'mublinder.zip' file it says that it appears not to be a VALID archive. I have the latest and greatest Winzip 10.0 installed. Any ideas? Could the file be corrupt? Thanks for any help you guys can provide.

Its zipped using Winzip 10 as well. It seems IE is somehow corrupting the download, strange though as it was not happening before. Using Firefox or Opera will allow you to download the zip. Use those until i figured whats wrong with the IE downloads. Ill take a stab at it in around 2 hours.

#11 Hellfire

Hellfire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 09:32 PM

Dont need it just now but it will be good to have for the future. Nice to see this place active again :)

#12 WarXchild

WarXchild

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 12:07 AM

Should be fixed now. The problem affected only -some- Internet Explorer users. Seems like IE could not handle the servers zlib compression properly at times. A side effect of the fix (turning zlib off) will slow the site down a bit. Download away!

#13 solar

solar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 01:33 AM

Should be fixed now. The problem affected only -some- Internet Explorer users. Seems like IE could not handle the servers zlib compression properly at times. A side effect of the fix (turning zlib off) will slow the site down a bit. Download away!

I believe my FireFox did the same thing. When I tried to open the saved file it would not allow me to see anything and it gave the error message I posted. Why would Firefox do the same then?

Also, I can open it...now it asks for >net 2.0 to run...so I am looking for that as I type this....thanks again...

#14 me2

me2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 01:35 AM

Thanks for this mate. Great app. If you don't object, there is a rapidshare mirror

hxxp://rapidshare.de/files/19376175/muBlinder.zip

Edited by me2, 02 May 2006 - 01:36 AM.

#15 WarXchild

WarXchild

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 01:59 AM

Also, I can open it...now it asks for >net 2.0 to run...so I am looking for that as I type this....thanks again...

.Net 2 Framework is available from the Microsoft website located here http://msdn.microsof...es/default.aspx . This is needed by all programs coded in the new .NET 2 framework (VS.NET 2005)

That page should automatically detect and tell you which version you need, specifically "Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package (x86)" for the striking majority. If you have an x64 PC/OS then you would need the x64 version, if you do not know what that is then you do not have it, so download the x86 version ( http://www.microsoft...&displaylang=en )

#16 MulathaM

MulathaM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 05:59 AM

Wazzuuup..! hahahaa, great work (high five) !!
Keep-it-up WarXchild :)

one thing is ... is the following normal or its just my pc :)

this is out of the topic .."i know" but why my avatar is not animated :( !!?!??! it is a gif !!
any clues..! pleeease :)

Attached Files

• Attached File  001.JPG   87.3KB   6908 downloads

#17 indiansue

indiansue

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 03:14 PM

I tried the mublinder yesterday and it appeared to work. When I got to downloading the updat a screen came up and it said windows service pack setup encountered a problem and needs to close. What can I do?

#18 WarXchild

WarXchild

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 03:33 PM

one thing is ... is the following normal or its just my pc :)
this is out of the topic .."i know" but why my avatar is not animated :( !!?!??! it is a gif !!
any clues..! pleeease :)

The gif should be no more than 50k in size, and has the dimensions of 90x90. If it is not it will be auto resized and changed to JPG which is what happened to yours. :)

I tried the mublinder yesterday and it appeared to work. When I got to downloading the updat a screen came up and it said windows service pack setup encountered a problem and needs to close. What can I do?

Thats outside of muBlinder, there is an error between the service pack and your OS, Google for the error you saw.

#19 MulathaM

MulathaM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 05:45 PM

just testin ... its now 21.3kb nad 90x90

#20 LifeGosOn

LifeGosOn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 05:55 PM

Works great! Would be nice if it worked in 800x600 video mode (have to go to 1024x768 to scroll).

Make sure you don't download Genuine Advantage Notification and Checkmark Don't ask this again.

Life go's On

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users