3795 replies to this topic

#3661 WarXchild

WarXchild

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 07:57 PM

I'm sorry. This is out of topic, but I need basic instructions to write messages to forum. May be it is difficult to me a) because I'm 70, and :( English is not my mother tongue. Please, how do I communicate with the forum?
In this moment I don't know how to send this message. I'll do it at random, cliking in "Add reply".
My personal address is globalifobio@gmail.com.

Hello alvarfanez. I took a peek at your other messages, you will need to have someone help you locally. Im not sure if you will even see this message, but incase you do, please keep this thread only for muBlinder issues.

#3662 WarXchild

WarXchild

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 07:57 PM

muBlinder Changes 3.61 (23-Feb-2010):

* Works with MS Update 1.9.42.0 (1.9.0042.0)
* Cosmetic changes to UI and Credits tab.

#3663 fescue

fescue

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 10:42 PM

Please help. Had to re-install xp and mublinder. All going fine except my first run through msupdate wants to install Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool before it will scan for updates??? Am I supposed to let that happen (from within mublinder of course). Thanks.

#3664 snodger

snodger

Grumpy old man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 05:57 PM

Please help. Had to re-install xp and mublinder. All going fine except my first run through msupdate wants to install Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool before it will scan for updates??? Am I supposed to let that happen (from within mublinder of course). Thanks.

Without the WGA Advantage tool installed on your computer you have no chance of accessing Microsoft Update. If you are in any doubt about how to proceed when using muBlinder, I suggest you consult the muBlinder User Guide. It states explicitly in the guide that you must allow the tool to be installed.

#3665 Gessfk

Gessfk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 02:23 AM

Having a problem..I got some spyware that screwed up all kinds of stuff, and then a anti spyware program turned auto updates on..so it downloaded stuff and now updating is screwed up.

Basically, I load mub, it comes to the update screen, t it says "Try microsoft update today!" and i click to go forward (mind you,t his never happened before), and continue on, and click to scan for updates..then it links back to that page again, like a loop. any ideas on how to fix this? mub says i'm good to go, but it's not going

#3666 snodger

snodger

Grumpy old man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 03:29 PM

Having a problem..I got some spyware that screwed up all kinds of stuff, and then a anti spyware program turned auto updates on..so it downloaded stuff and now updating is screwed up.

Basically, I load mub, it comes to the update screen, t it says "Try microsoft update today!" and i click to go forward (mind you,t his never happened before), and continue on, and click to scan for updates..then it links back to that page again, like a loop. any ideas on how to fix this? mub says i'm good to go, but it's not going

The problem you are having has nothing to do with muBlinder. Who knows what has been changed on your computer? It is one thing to clean out any malware, but much harder to correct any changes it has made when you don't know what those changes are. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

#3667 matulosk

matulosk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 10:41 AM

Does Mublinder work with Windows 7? I'm thinking for removing XP finally and moving to 7.

Thx,
matt

#3668 party_boy-25

party_boy-25

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 09:34 AM

Thank you for this great soft :(

#3669 snodger

snodger

Grumpy old man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 05:13 PM

Does Mublinder work with Windows 7? I'm thinking for removing XP finally and moving to 7.

Thx,
matt

Microsoft implement WGA differently with Windows 7. The hurdle you must overcome in Windows 7 is Activation. Overcome that and you will have no problems with WGA, so muBlinder is not needed.

#3670 cordelle

cordelle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 11:08 PM

MuBlinder is the best :(

#3671 whowouldfigga

whowouldfigga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 05:55 PM

Well the I let the Windows Genuine Advantage Notification slip by me and now when the system boots to xp it wants to install WGA Notification. For now I hit cancel and continue on with my work. What is my next step. Should I let it install WGAN and then use method 1 or method 2 in mublinder? Thanks for your help.

#3672 snodger

snodger

Grumpy old man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:18 AM

Well the I let the Windows Genuine Advantage Notification slip by me and now when the system boots to xp it wants to install WGA Notification. For now I hit cancel and continue on with my work. What is my next step. Should I let it install WGAN and then use method 1 or method 2 in mublinder? Thanks for your help.

You could install it and then disable it using muBlinder. On the other hand, you could prevent it ever being installed.

The WGA Notification tool can only be installed if you accept the EULA. When the EULA is displayed, choose not to accept it. You should not be bothered by it again. If it continues to ask to be installed, or if you really want to kill it, you can remove the uninstalled download as follows:
  • You must have Folder View in Windows Explorer set to Details.
  • Copy net stop wuauserv and paste it into the Run box. Click on the OK button.
  • Copy %windir%\SoftwareDistribution\Download and paste it into the Run box. Click on the OK button.
  • The contents of that folder will be displayed. It will probably contain two or three sub-folders as well as some files with names that are strings of about 40 hexadecimal characters (e.g. 56a7fd877dc4b223..................).
  • One of the sub-folders might be called "Install". If the Install sub-folder exists, inside it should be the executable file WindowsXP-KB905474-ENU-x86.exe. Delete this sub-folder with the file.
  • The file will also exist in the Download folder in a camouflaged state such as de6cd4d37729f6079366b53cc3cdaa6ecafbb56f. You can easily recognise it because it will have size 1578 KB.
  • To confirm that this is indeed the file, right-click on it and select Properties.
  • Under the Version tab, select Internal Name as the Item name. This should be displayed as WGANotify.
  • Having confirmed that this is the WGA Notification tool in disguise, delete it.
  • Restart your computer to check that all is well.
If you need any more help, post again.

#3673 xp2p

xp2p

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 11:55 PM

WarXchild wrote : "In order to use muBlinder you must first install WGA normally, after which you can use muBlinder to bypass its GWV checking mechanism"

Then Mecha082 wrote : "What ever you do, do NOT install the WGA Notification tool. If you do you will have a bit of a hard time getting rid of it"

So which is which guys, this is all VERY confusing, do I need to install WGA first or not? :(

Thanks.

#3674 snodger

snodger

Grumpy old man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 11:22 AM

WarXchild wrote : "In order to use muBlinder you must first install WGA normally, after which you can use muBlinder to bypass its GWV checking mechanism"

Then Mecha082 wrote : "What ever you do, do NOT install the WGA Notification tool. If you do you will have a bit of a hard time getting rid of it"

So which is which guys, this is all VERY confusing, do I need to install WGA first or not? :(

Thanks.

It seems that you are not aware of the difference between the WGA Validation tool, which you must install, and the WGA Notification tool, which serves no useful purpose and is best kept off your system, although muBlinder can deal with the Notification tool if you do install it.

I suggest you read the muBlinder User Guide for a fuller explanation.

I must add that it takes some kind of cheek to post in this topic any suggestion that WarXchild, the creator of muBlinder, should be doubted when he provides advice on how to use the app. The only time you are allowed to doubt WarXchild's advice is when I disagree with him. :(

#3675 YogiBear

YogiBear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 12:19 PM

Viva muBlinder!

#3676 whowouldfigga

whowouldfigga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 02:48 PM

You could install it and then disable it using muBlinder. On the other hand, you could prevent it ever being installed.

The WGA Notification tool can only be installed if you accept the EULA. When the EULA is displayed, choose not to accept it. You should not be bothered by it again. If it continues to ask to be installed, or if you really want to kill it, you can remove the uninstalled download as follows:

• You must have Folder View in Windows Explorer set to Details.
  • Copy net stop wuauserv and paste it into the Run box. Click on the OK button.
  • Copy %windir%\SoftwareDistribution\Download and paste it into the Run box. Click on the OK button.
  • The contents of that folder will be displayed. It will probably contain two or three sub-folders as well as some files with names that are strings of about 40 hexadecimal characters (e.g. 56a7fd877dc4b223..................).
  • One of the sub-folders might be called "Install". If the Install sub-folder exists, inside it should be the executable file WindowsXP-KB905474-ENU-x86.exe. Delete this sub-folder with the file.
  • The file will also exist in the Download folder in a camouflaged state such as de6cd4d37729f6079366b53cc3cdaa6ecafbb56f. You can easily recognise it because it will have size 1578 KB.
  • To confirm that this is indeed the file, right-click on it and select Properties.
  • Under the Version tab, select Internal Name as the Item name. This should be displayed as WGANotify.
  • Having confirmed that this is the WGA Notification tool in disguise, delete it.
  • Restart your computer to check that all is well.
If you need any more help, post again.

Thank you for your detailed help and prompt response. Problem solved

#3677 WarXchild

WarXchild

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 11:43 PM

The only time you are allowed to doubt WarXchild's advice is when I disagree with him. :(

Good thing that does not happen often :(

#3678 arcor

arcor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 01:26 PM

thxxxx

#3679 todaystan

todaystan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 04:00 PM

thxxxx

Just tried to install the latest MuBlinder.exe. getting an error MuBlinder.exe is not a valid win32 application? Never had this problem before in all the previous versions.

Any Idea what would cause this and how to get around it??

thanks,
Jeff.

Edited by todaystan, 14 April 2010 - 04:11 PM.

#3680 snodger

snodger

Grumpy old man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 05:56 PM

Just tried to install the latest MuBlinder.exe. getting an error MuBlinder.exe is not a valid win32 application? Never had this problem before in all the previous versions.

Any Idea what would cause this and how to get around it??

thanks,
Jeff.

Delete the contents of your muBlinder folder, download muBlinder again and see if that gives the same problem. It seems as if muBlinder.exe has become corrupted.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users