Nice work M8 it works like dream!

#22 Man-machine

Man-machine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 10:42 PM

Hi and thanks for the magic, WarXchild.

I have download it and running it right now...
It's prompting me with a pop-up (title: "WindowsApplication 1 - Security Warning") to install something that seems to be an ActiveX control.
Is that OK?

thanks in advance...

#23 WarXchild

WarXchild

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 11:35 PM

Hi and thanks for the magic, WarXchild.

I have download it and running it right now...
It's prompting me with a pop-up (title: "WindowsApplication 1 - Security Warning") to install something that seems to be an ActiveX control.
Is that OK?

thanks in advance...

Can you provide a screenshot and tell us when exactly it happens? As soon as you run MuBlinder, when you click on Start, or when you click on something on the MS Update site? What Operating System are you running it on?

#24 rouiz

rouiz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 12:13 AM

Hey all,

Does anyone know if it supposed to work with WinXp pro sp2 French version ?

I'm having some difficulties with it, always asking to install the Genuine Advantage thing.

Thanks.

#25 WarXchild

WarXchild

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 12:43 AM

Hey all,

Does anyone know if it supposed to work with WinXp pro sp2 French version ?

I'm having some difficulties with it, always asking to install the Genuine Advantage thing.

Thanks.

It should work with WinXP Pro SP2 French, but you will probably see everything in English.

muBlinder blinds the Genuine Windows Validation (GWV) checking mechanism which is part of Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA). Therefore if you do not have WGA installed, there would be no GWV for muBlinder to bypass.

The message you are getting is initiated by the Microsoft Update site.

In order to use muBlinder you must first install WGA normally, after which you can use muBlinder to bypass its GWV checking mechanism. Please see the disclaimer.

#26 JR Cub

JR Cub

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 01:15 AM

Hello everyone...

Here's what I get when I run it the first time:

Posted Image

When you click "Start Now" you get this:

Posted Image

Clicking "Continue" installs the Genuine Advantage ActiveX plugin... and it updates the Windows Update software... Everything keeps running inside the muBlinder window. After that you finally get to the normal Windows Update site... with the "Express" and "Custom" buttons.

I press "Custom" and nothing happens... it says its searching... the green bar keeps moving... but nothing. The button at the top of muBlinder changes to "Blind!" and it shades out. But nothing. :)

Any ideas?
grrr I hate MS. :)

Later

Edited by JR Cub, 03 May 2006 - 01:19 AM.

#27 WarXchild

WarXchild

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 01:30 AM

Clicking "Continue" installs the Genuine Advantage ActiveX plugin... and it updates the Windows Update software... Everything keeps running inside the muBlinder window. After that you finally get to the normal Windows Update site... with the "Express" and "Custom" buttons.

I press "Custom" and nothing happens... it says its searching... the green bar keeps moving... but nothing. The button at the top of muBlinder changes to "Blind!" and it shades out. But nothing. :)

Any ideas?
grrr I hate MS. :)

Later

You have gone through the right steps (seems you havent visited the update site in over a year?) and muBlinder succesfully blinded the validation. MS Update is searching for relevant updates pertaining to your computer. That could take a few minutes. Do it again and be patient while it searches. Its unrelated to muBlinder. Do report back!

#28 Man-machine

Man-machine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 05:32 AM

Can you provide a screenshot and tell us when exactly it happens? As soon as you run MuBlinder, when you click on Start, or when you click on something on the MS Update site? What Operating System are you running it on?

Hi WarXchild,

here is the screenshot:

Posted Image

It happens when I click on something [the Continue button after the license agreement]on the MS Update site

I'm using WinXP SP2 English version with all security updates released before the infamous Windows Advantage Notification tool.

Thanks in advance.

#29 WarXchild

WarXchild

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 09:04 AM

Hi WarXchild,

here is the screenshot:

It happens when I click on something [the Continue button after the license agreement]on the MS Update site

I'm using WinXP SP2 English version with all security updates released before the infamous Windows Advantage Notification tool.

Thanks in advance.

The microsoft Update site is asking you to install the latest Microsoft Update software. Install it.

#30 Man-machine

Man-machine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 04:52 PM

Thanks again.

It seems to work flawlessly...

What about that "WGA Notification tool"? I have reached your site (and found this wonderful muBlidner tool) by looking info about it and how to avoid it and etceteras...
Of course, I have not installed it...

#31 mecha082

mecha082

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 11:29 PM

Thanks again.

It seems to work flawlessly...

What about that "WGA Notification tool"? I have reached your site (and found this wonderful muBlidner tool) by looking info about it and how to avoid it and etceteras...
Of course, I have not installed it...

What ever you do, do not install the WGA Notification tool. If you do you will have a bit of a hard time getting rid of it. If you need any help I will be more than happy to post some instructions

Just wanted to thank you WarXchild, the program work great. I have been looking around for a while for something like this.

#32 Sczee

Sczee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 11:22 AM

What ever you do, do not install the WGA Notification tool. If you do you will have a bit of a hard time getting rid of it. If you need any help I will be more than happy to post some instructions

Hi

I'm pretty sure I have downloaded WGA Notification tool, I did it before for I looked at what it was which was kinda stupid but now its starting to annoy me. It displays an icon in the quick launch toolbar and it shows up as a process called WgaTray.exe in the Task Manager but when I try to end process it just starts right back up.

If this is the WGA Notification tool could you please post some instructions on how to remove it.

Thanks

#33 mecha082

mecha082

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 04:03 PM

Hi

I'm pretty sure I have downloaded WGA Notification tool, I did it before for I looked at what it was which was kinda stupid but now its starting to annoy me. It displays an icon in the quick launch toolbar and it shows up as a process called WgaTray.exe in the Task Manager but when I try to end process it just starts right back up.

If this is the WGA Notification tool could you please post some instructions on how to remove it.

Thanks

The WGA Notification tool will create a process that is a bit hard to stop here are the instructions on how to get rid of it. After you get rid of it and go back to the microsoft update site becareful not to install it again.

There are 2 parts to this program: WGAtray.exe and wgalogon.dll. Killing the WGAtray.exe process causes it to reappear in 1 second. With it present, WGAlogon cannot be deleted. And you can't delete it while it's running.

First, you need to open C:\windows\system32 folder, where the spyware resides (doing a hard drive search for "wgatray" will turns up nothing). And you have to have Task Manager open, right beside the Explorer window. This is tricky, and must be done fast need to you kill the process in Task Manager, and before the spyware can reopen itself, you must delete WGAtray.exe in the explorer window. You only have a split second, but it is possible. Once the WGAtray.exe is gone, you must reboot your computer.

When restarting your computer you need to get into safemode. When you finally get to the desktop, do a search "for WGAlogon.dll" You will find 2 copies, one in system32 and one in the dllcache folder. Without the WGAtray spyware to protect them (did you notice it was gone? YAY!), you can rename and then delete both these spyware .dll's. Your system may hang when you reboot it the first time, but when it is brought back up, the program will be gone......

I would like to thank The Letterman in the inquirer for he was the one that helped me

If you have any questions I will be more that happy to answer
Sorry for the long post

#34 Sczee

Sczee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 09:46 PM

The WGA Notification tool will create a process that is a bit hard to stop here are the instructions on how to get rid of it. After you get rid of it and go back to the microsoft update site becareful not to install it again.

There are 2 parts to this program: WGAtray.exe and wgalogon.dll. Killing the WGAtray.exe process causes it to reappear in 1 second. With it present, WGAlogon cannot be deleted. And you can't delete it while it's running.

First, you need to open C:\windows\system32 folder, where the spyware resides (doing a hard drive search for "wgatray" will turns up nothing). And you have to have Task Manager open, right beside the Explorer window. This is tricky, and must be done fast need to you kill the process in Task Manager, and before the spyware can reopen itself, you must delete WGAtray.exe in the explorer window. You only have a split second, but it is possible. Once the WGAtray.exe is gone, you must reboot your computer.

When restarting your computer you need to get into safemode. When you finally get to the desktop, do a search "for WGAlogon.dll" You will find 2 copies, one in system32 and one in the dllcache folder. Without the WGAtray spyware to protect them (did you notice it was gone? YAY!), you can rename and then delete both these spyware .dll's. Your system may hang when you reboot it the first time, but when it is brought back up, the program will be gone......

I would like to thank The Letterman in the inquirer for he was the one that helped me

If you have any questions I will be more that happy to answer
Sorry for the long post

Thanks for the detailed instructions I managed to get rid of it. I didn't quite follow your method though, I used a program called MoveOnBoot by Gibin Software House (http://www.snapfiles...moveonboot.html) which allows you to select files and have them deleted the next time windows starts up. This got rid of the problem of not being able to delete .dll files or the WgaTray.exe files.

To find all the instances of WgaTray.exe and WGAlogin.dll I just did a search for wgatray and a search for wgalogin and turned on the option to search in hidden folders. This found three copies of WgaTray.exe and 2 of WGAlogin and some other file which had wga in the name. I then used MoveOnBoot to have all of these files deleted next time windows booted, and then I restarted. Now WgaTray is gone :-) .

This method is a bit easier than trying to delete a file in the 1 second before it restarts, so I'd though I'd post about it.

Note: when MoveOnBoot is installed you can just go into the properties of a file to start up a MoveOnBoot command about that file, you don't have to browse to each file from the MoveOnBoot window. (Also MoveOnBoot is awesome for deleting those files/folders which are impossible to delete normally because they are corrupted or whatever)

But thanks mecha082 for the general idea on what to do and thank you WarXchild for your awesome program.

Edited by Sczee, 05 May 2006 - 03:03 PM.

#35 Steve

Steve

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 07:30 PM

top notch!!!!! my congratulations go out to anyone invovlved with this prog as it beats anythign else out there!!! no changin of registry or anything! fair play!
my only problem is that when i went to the microsoft update page i only had 4 updates available to install...is this normal???? i havent updated my computer since about this time last year, or whenever the validation thing came into play... anybody any ideas??? thnanks in advance
steve

#36 WarXchild

WarXchild

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 10:10 PM

top notch!!!!! my congratulations go out to anyone invovlved with this prog as it beats anythign else out there!!! no changin of registry or anything! fair play!
my only problem is that when i went to the microsoft update page i only had 4 updates available to install...is this normal???? i havent updated my computer since about this time last year, or whenever the validation thing came into play... anybody any ideas??? thnanks in advance
steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks! I assume those 4 updates were critical/high priority ones, in which case your PC might have been updated through Windows Automatic Updates; is it turned on? If not, one or some of those 4 updates might have been Cumulative Updates that encompass any previous ones. Either way, run muBlinder, when you get to the Express or Custom option click on the link titled "Review your update history" on the left. This will give you a rundown of all critical/high priority updates you have installed, along with the method of installation, either through Microsoft Update or Automatic Updates. You also have a chance to check if any of those updates were Cumulative.

#37 Steve

Steve

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 10:46 PM

Hi Steve,

Thanks! I assume those 4 updates were critical/high priority ones, in which case your PC might have been updated through Windows Automatic Updates; is it turned on? If not, one or some of those 4 updates might have been Cumulative Updates that encompass any previous ones. Either way, run muBlinder, when you get to the Express or Custom option click on the link titled "Review your update history" on the left. This will give you a rundown of all critical/high priority updates you have installed, along with the method of installation, either through Microsoft Update or Automatic Updates. You also have a chance to check if any of those updates were Cumulative.

ahhhhhhhh!!!! i see now! yea ive had auto updates on since the start, and presumed that i couldnt get any updates for my computer whatsoever unless i had it validated, which doesnt seem ot be the case. either way it is just another challenge microsoft have put for hackersto get around...dont even know why they bother inventin new security when loopholes are always found...well done!!! likin the forum 2!

#38 FFF

FFF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 06:32 AM

Great piece of work and may be the best so far I have seen in relevant forums. I have 2 questions:

1-I get the following message when I run muBlinder:

Software Upgrade for Some Windows Components Required

To use Microsoft Update, you must first install the latest version of some Windows components. This will allow your computer to work with these new features on the site:
• More updates: Get updates for Windows and for popular Microsoft programs such as Microsoft Office in one place.
• Faster updates: The latest Windows Installer (MSI) improves the way updates are installed, delivering updates in the smallest possible packages in the shortest amount of time.
• Easier navigation: Now you can find updates by priority or by product while helpful links and important messages help ensure you are installing all high-priority updates for your computer.

Details
Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool (KB892130)
710 KB , less than 1 minute
The Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool enables you to verify that your copy of Microsoft Windows is genuine. The tool validates your Windows installation by checking Windows Product Identification and Product Activation status.

Should I install Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool or not?

2-Should I stop the Automatic Update feature of Windows XP not to get “Windows Genuine Advantage Notification” software installed automatically.

Thanks a lot.

#39 Vietpd

Vietpd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 06:02 PM

Help please, I got this error:
see the attach image, so what is the problem?Attached File  error.JPG   93.25KB   2438 downloads

#40 WarXchild

WarXchild

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 07:35 PM

Great piece of work and may be the best so far I have seen in relevant forums. I have 2 questions:

1-I get the following message when I run muBlinder:

Software Upgrade for Some Windows Components Required

To use Microsoft Update, you must first install the latest version of some Windows components. This will allow your computer to work with these new features on the site:
• More updates: Get updates for Windows and for popular Microsoft programs such as Microsoft Office in one place.
• Faster updates: The latest Windows Installer (MSI) improves the way updates are installed, delivering updates in the smallest possible packages in the shortest amount of time.
• Easier navigation: Now you can find updates by priority or by product while helpful links and important messages help ensure you are installing all high-priority updates for your computer.

Details
Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool (KB892130)
710 KB , less than 1 minute
The Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool enables you to verify that your copy of Microsoft Windows is genuine. The tool validates your Windows installation by checking Windows Product Identification and Product Activation status.

Should I install Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool or not?

2-Should I stop the Automatic Update feature of Windows XP not to get “Windows Genuine Advantage Notification” software installed automatically.

Thanks a lot.

1- Yes, install it.

2- No, when you see it in Microsoft Update click on the "Don't show this update again" checkmark if you do not wish to download it.

Help please, I got this error:
see the attach image, so what is the problem?Attached File  error.JPG   93.25KB   2438 downloads

What did you click on/try to install prior to getting that screen?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users