3795 replies to this topic

#41 mike13

mike13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 12:42 AM

Great program WarXchild. It worked without a flaw. Not sure how I got to this site, but glad I did.

#42 Kattatsu

Kattatsu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 03:58 AM

I keep getting this error message whenever I start the muBlinder.exe. Can anyone please help me fix this problem?

Posted Image

#43 WarXchild

WarXchild

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 04:58 AM

I keep getting this error message whenever I start the muBlinder.exe. Can anyone please help me fix this problem?

Posted Image

Install the Microsoft .NET Framework version 2 from here http://msdn.microsof...es/default.aspx , let me know if that solved the problem.

#44 marko

marko

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 05:13 PM

Thanks Siefer, glad it worked for you.

As i write this there are around 140 downloads, let us know how it went for you guys!

Worked for me - thanks a million!

#45 Kattatsu

Kattatsu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 05:27 PM

Yeah, thanks WarXchild, downloading .NET Framework 2 solved the problem. This may be off topic but I can't seem to turn off automatic update under Automatic Updates tab in the properties of My Computer and there's only one account active which is the administrator account I am on.

#46 perchonthis

perchonthis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 01:59 AM

WarXchild, thanks for that great fix!!!

#47 sylman25

sylman25

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 03:21 AM

thanks WarXchild for mublinder but i seem to have a problem with installing sp2 in windows xp pro. the Start button changes to "Blind!" i press custom and the only update i have is Windows XP Service Pack 2. Download size: 0 KB , 0 minutes (Downloaded; ready to install). when i press download and install button it starts to install then it says " inspecting current configuration" then i get an service pack 2 setup error. "the product key used to install microsoft windows may not be valid....." any ideal what to do?

thanks

#48 WarXchild

WarXchild

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 08:45 AM

thanks WarXchild for mublinder but i seem to have a problem with installing sp2 in windows xp pro. the Start button changes to "Blind!" i press custom and the only update i have is Windows XP Service Pack 2. Download size: 0 KB , 0 minutes (Downloaded; ready to install).

If a PC does not yet have SP2 installed, SP2 will be the only update available for it.

when i press download and install button it starts to install then it says " inspecting current configuration" then i get an service pack 2 setup error. "the product key used to install microsoft windows may not be valid....." any ideal what to do?

http://www.google.co...ay not be valid

#49 ChrisG

ChrisG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 02:04 PM

Install the Microsoft .NET Framework version 2 from here http://msdn.microsof...es/default.aspx , let me know if that solved the problem.

Sorry, entered this as a new post - it was meant to go here.

Can you help me with muBlinder? I was having the same problem as Kattatsu, so downloaded the .NET 2 framework from MS as suggested (22MB of download, 88MB installed file space!!). muBlinder then appeared to execute OK, but nothing happened - no screen came up, no extra task in Task Manager. What am I doing wrong?

#50 sylman25

sylman25

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 05:53 PM

so what your saying is that mublinder doesnt work for installing sp2, its only good for small updates such as security updates and things like that for sp1.

#51 mecha082

mecha082

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 06:26 PM

so what your saying is that mublinder doesnt work for installing sp2, its only good for small updates such as security updates and things like that for sp1.

You can also try this other method
Go to the windows update site, before clicking on express or custom enter the following in the address box

java script:void(window.g_sDisableWGACheck='all') then hit enter

Enter as is, this will disable a javascript and will alow you to continue without validating windows
If that dosen't work you can also download SP2 from the following website

http://www.microsoft...&DisplayLang=en

Good Luck

You can also try this other method
Go to the windows update site, before clicking on express or custom enter the following in the address box

Enter as is, this will disable a javascript and will alow you to continue without validating windows
If that dosen't work you can also download SP2 from the following website

http://www.microsoft...&DisplayLang=en

Good Luck

Java Script is suposed to be one word, for some reason it is seperating them

Edited by mecha082, 08 May 2006 - 06:25 PM.

#52 tass

tass

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 10:08 PM

thanks WarXchild for mublinder but i seem to have a problem with installing sp2 in windows xp pro. the Start button changes to "Blind!" i press custom and the only update i have is Windows XP Service Pack 2. Download size: 0 KB , 0 minutes (Downloaded; ready to install). when i press download and install button it starts to install then it says " inspecting current configuration" then i get an service pack 2 setup error. "the product key used to install microsoft windows may not be valid....." any ideal what to do?

thanks

hi warxchild
i think u done a great job.
but can u please help coz i m getting the same vlidation key error as the last user n u pointing to the google search. I bought my comp with indows xp in a local newspaper n cant find the seller anymore. I appreciate if u could point us in the right direction as to do what next with this error message
thanks a lot
tass

Edited by tass, 08 May 2006 - 10:12 PM.

#53 tass

tass

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 10:26 PM

thanks

hi warxchild
but can u please help coz i m getting the same vlidation key error as the last user n u pointing to the google search. I bought my comp with indows xp in a local newspaper n cant find the seller anymore. I appreciate if u could point us in the right direction as to do what next with this error message
thanks a lot
tass

#54 WarXchild

WarXchild

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 10:57 PM

NO. That is not what I'm saying. Whether you have a legit copy of Windows or not you are still required to install SP2 before seeing any other updates that have been released after SP2. SP2 has become a mandatory download by Microsoft ages ago.

Let me repeat, if you have a legit and fully working copy of Windows, but you have not installed SP2 and you go to Microsoft Update site then the ONLY update you will see available would be SP2.

muBlinder has nothing to do with what updates you see or dont see. If Microsoft Update site decides that your next update should be SP1 you will see that, if it decides the next should be 12 Critical Patches released after SP2 you will also see those. In this case Microsoft decided that your next update should be SP2 (and for good reason), and it will continue to choose that for you and anyone else who did not install SP2 yet, even if you were using Bill Gates or Cracker Joes personal computer.

#55 WarXchild

WarXchild

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 11:25 PM

hi warxchild
thanks a lot
tass

I was hoping the google link would give you a better explanation of your error, which is unrelated to muBlinder.

You both used a black listed/banned Product ID number (PID) when installing Windows. SP2 unlike other updates checks your PID and compares it to a list of banned PIDs. It is important to understand that this is unrelated to MS Validation check. If you use any other methods on the net to bypass the validation check, even by the use of fake DLLs, you will ultimately still be faced with the same problem you are facing now. Others who also might have bought their PCs through a 3rd party who provided them with a fake license or PID might not face the same problem as you do because their PID, although fake, is not black listed. I believe the majority fall in the latter category, making you one of the very very unlucky ones to end up with a black listed PID.

The reason i provided a google link to this problem is because it is beyond the scope of muBlinder and in the majority of cases involves a Repair Install of your OS to inject a new PID, either legal or unbanned/not black listed.

Alot more information is available in the results of the google link.

#56 WarXchild

WarXchild

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 11:43 PM

Sorry, entered this as a new post - it was meant to go here.

Can you help me with muBlinder? I was having the same problem as Kattatsu, so downloaded the .NET 2 framework from MS as suggested (22MB of download, 88MB installed file space!!). muBlinder then appeared to execute OK, but nothing happened - no screen came up, no extra task in Task Manager. What am I doing wrong?

Can you provide more information? What Operating System? Are you running some software that intervenes in the execution of programs?

The below Hashes are for version 1.1 of the muBlinder.exe file. Use the free utility here http://www.slavasoft.com/hashcalc/ to make sure the .exe is alright.

MD5: 4edbfda013c1b347825dc54e34a5345e

SHA1: 4c9d0df9868e5df406fd25c67bb0a5147a7d83de

CRC32: 93522043

#57 ChrisG

ChrisG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 01:41 PM

Can you provide more information? What Operating System? Are you running some software that intervenes in the execution of programs?

The below Hashes are for version 1.1 of the muBlinder.exe file. Use the free utility here http://www.slavasoft.com/hashcalc/ to make sure the .exe is alright.

MD5: 4edbfda013c1b347825dc54e34a5345e
SHA1: 4c9d0df9868e5df406fd25c67bb0a5147a7d83de
CRC32: 93522043

Hi WarXchild, thanks for the fast response and info. Operating system is WinXPpro (Version 2000) SP2, updated using Automatic Updates until early May when I got hit with the WGA Notification Tool!

Checked muBlinder.exe with HashCalc as suggested and got identical results, so moved on to step 2. Switched off the anti-virus utility (eTrust) and, voila! it worked!! While there, checked there were no new updates (apart from WGA Notify which is definitely NOT welcome) and exited. To confirm the problem, switched back on the anti-virus, rebooted and tried muBlinder again. To my astonishment it worked. As far as I know I'm back in exactly the same configuration as yesterday, so I have NO IDEA what went wrong then. Needless to say, I'm extremely happy now.

This is a very cool program. How do you get such functionality into a 40KB exe? Without giving too much away, I'm sure most people like me would be fascinated by a brief overview of its workings.

PS. Can you remove my inadvertent post "muBlinder" (...very embarrassed...) My query was meant to go here.

#58 savo

savo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 07:51 PM

Hi,

I dont think im doing any thing wrong (not much to it open program press start) but i am always reciving this error when it trys to install the wga.

image removed

Any help would be very much apresiated

Thanks

Sav

Edited by savo, 12 May 2006 - 04:14 PM.

#59 acl

acl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 12:43 AM

Hi,
first of all THANK YOU,
here is what I tried,did a fresh install of xp pro+sp2,tried the exe,got an error code,
re-read the post.
downloaded NET*,installed it,
retried and low an be-hold was offered 3 updates one of which was kb892130,if any one remember this one is from feb.2006,was resolved by replacing the legitcontrol.dll(not the right spelling),didn't do anything about it,
anyway the 3 were installed no problem.
then I re-ran the exe,
now I had "51" new updates available.one of which was (KB905474) deselected it and 'continued'.
All were installed without a hitch,
I also had Norton antivirus up and running all along ,
very straight forward and easy,thank's again.

Edited by acl, 10 May 2006 - 12:49 AM.

#60 Nightcreeper

Nightcreeper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 03:39 AM

If you do get windows genuine advantage tool; search for "WgaTray.exe", I believe it is in:
OS-DRIVE:\windows\system32\

The is that file and another one called "wgaLogon.dll" (I think). I renamed both files to something easily found like "lol" and then reset the computer without shutdown or restart (Instant Power Off or reboot) and came back up and deleted the files. You can also go in and erase the files in the "C:\Windows\Prefetch" and in the downloads folder under C:\windows\softwaredistribution\download\????????. The files should com up in the search. The related files are:
wgatray.exe
wgalogon.dll
spmsg.dll
legitcheckcontrol.dll

The above files are the ones listed in the distribution\download folder.
Deleting the top two allow the system to boot and run without the nags. in the download folder there is an un-install for the update, but it doesn't run, I am checking that now. Hope it helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users