• Please log in to reply
3795 replies to this topic

#101 intewedm

intewedm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 09:16 PM

Hello all, I am new to this board and have spent quite a few hours poking around here and there at this and have come up with some good news so far!! currently as of MAY 24th, '06, @ 7:46PM estern time, I was able to completely disable the NAG screens and icon, and get myself to the actual update screen where I choose my updates. The only two things I did was use the LATEST version (the may 23rd) v 1.5.530.0 --just do a Google search on that version number only and the first hit you get will be a bit torrent site to download from. Copy and overwrite the one in the C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 if there is one in there, or just copy it there. The other thing I did was downloaded Autoruns from here http://www.sysintern...es/Autoruns.zip opened that file and ran autoruns.exe. Then under the WinLogon tab I scolled down to WgaLogon and Unchecked the box, then closed the program and rebooted my computer. Doing this causes this process never to start when you reboot your machine so you will not get any nag screen on either the Boot or in the Tray. You don't have to do anymore after that but it does give you the oportunity to delete WinLogon.dll in System32 and System32\dllcache since its not running(hidden folder, if not already enabled, enable hidden and system folders under TOOLS, FOLDER OPTIONS...) but it is not necessary to delete them. The newest LegitCheckControl.dll then skipped me onto the update page!

:) -Bean :)

The only two things I did was use the LATEST version (the may 23rd) v 1.5.530.0 --just do a Google search on that version number only and the first hit you get will be a bit torrent site to download from.

That is not clear to me. LATEST version of what? Thanks.

#102 WarXchild

WarXchild

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 11:10 AM

The only two things I did was use the LATEST version (the may 23rd) v 1.5.530.0 --just do a Google search on that version number only and the first hit you get will be a bit torrent site to download from.

That is not clear to me. LATEST version of what? Thanks.

The latest version of the LegitCheckControl.DLL that is attached at the end of the post by Pallas (on the previous page).

Work on muBlinder v2.0 has begun and will be released in a couple days. The scope has changed to the automation of methods to bypass validation or suppress notifcation. A beta of another app to ease finding torrents on the net will be released as well.

#103 beansdouble

beansdouble

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 07:29 PM

It appears that the validation tool that runs on their end obviously checks for the LegitCheckControl.dll, which is installed with all the WGA validation tool that you get forced into and Windows either puts a "good" or "bad" "version" depending on whether you pass or fail the WGA check. I'm guessing that all these so-called "good" LegetCheckcontrol.dll files that we've all been laying our hands on must come from ppl's Computers that have a real and validated key, hence a "good" file is placed. For now as long as there is someone out there who has a real copy and doesn't mind sharing the wealth with all of us we'll be ok. I'm thinking about installing the Windows XP Home edition on one of my computers that originally came with it (so its a real validated serial, to that paticular hardware) on another partion just to harvest this file everytime they update it it and anything else they may start doing. They also appear to be universal... so I can still run my Corporate edition which I've downloaded and is better, and use that same file from any version of Windows.

Also I noticed elsewhere on the net that Microsoft has released ActiveX controls for FireFox which you don't have to install exactly the way Microsoft does, you can press "alternative" and install/run them differently and users have reported they have been able to access the downloads... I haven't played around with that much, but I am an exclusive user of firefox so I can see how this can make sense, but its another idea to pass along ya may or may not have seen to help in the fight to find an end-all fix-all cure to this annoying problem( I mean distraction).

#104 perchonthis

perchonthis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 08:46 PM

Is there anyway by going to this site: http://catalog.micro...structions.aspx
trying different legit numbers to put in, to make a puter legit? I tried one of my legit numbers from one of my legit puter's, but it didn't work. Once you try it, do they get like a signature of your puter, so you can't try any other key codes to validate it?

#105 R16PAB

R16PAB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 11:19 PM

Is there anyway by going to this site: http://catalog.micro...structions.aspx
trying different legit numbers to put in, to make a puter legit? I tried one of my legit numbers from one of my legit puter's, but it didn't work. Once you try it, do they get like a signature of your puter, so you can't try any other key codes to validate it?

The tool you are referring to - is to change it to a legit windows system via a valid product key. When you run this file it downloads a portion from microsoft, i assume this file must include all new product keys which have just been bought from them. I have two computer one with a legit key and one with out. If iswap the legitcheckcontrol.dll fron the good conmputer to the bad then the bad still does not pass validition. But using to tool (http://www.microsoft...structions.aspx) and put a valid number in then it still does not work, i assume its because the key is old and not just bought. But if you have a valid key then goto http://support.micro...b;en-us;Q328874. Then change you product key with this. Then restart and the system, is validated. Thats what i have done. P.s Most product keys are single license only, i guess thats why they only work on another computer, What you need it a corporate key with has a multi license and allows a certain number of operating systems unber one key.

#106 perchonthis

perchonthis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 11:48 PM

R16PAB, thanks for the info, but I do have a corporate key, and it still wouldn't validate.
Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciatted.

Edited by perchonthis, 28 May 2006 - 11:51 PM.

#107 Marty

Marty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 02:20 PM

Ok people I must be really dumb cause I've been trying this mublinder + other WGA fixes for 2 days now and can't get the updates!! Everything works fine untill I get to the Express/Custom page. Dosen't mather which one I choose, it gets me to the WGA validation page. Of course, if I click to verify it tells me it's not valid. If I click on just show me the updates, there are none available. I know there are updates since I've tried it on fresh installations (XP PRO SP2 english, XP PRO french) Anyone as any idea what I'm missing here? Thanks people

#108 beansdouble

beansdouble

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 11:53 PM

I downloaded that tool from microsoft to change my product key, in an attempt to "find" one that works, or at least it thinks is a legit one. I have that BlueList Key generator 5.12 (its been around for a couple years now I believe.) and it allows you to generate valid keys for various versions of Windows (Corp, Home, Pro, etc.) and it works fine..for non WGA keys anyways.. But the funny thing was I just downloaded a recent version of Windows XP Corporate edition (March '06 edition) and of course the torrent came with a key to use that works (but doesn't pass WGA) to install. I have that version running now, and no matter what key that generator came up with for "corp edtion" the Microsoft key changer reffered to above, wouldn't even accept them. I was starting to become convinced that the MS keychanger really was looking for real issued keys but that still seemed a bit unrealistic since its a stand-alone program that isn't connected to their live database. Mind you generating keys can take some time with that generator and I actually set it to run all night and came up with 25 keys... all invalid. So I thought, heck, Corporate edition is actually just pro with VLK licensing and no activation. I generated one key under the "Pro" setting and BAM!! its worked! The MS keychanger accepted it. But the bizarre thing was after I restarted, what do you know it? I have "30 Days" to activate!! Its now just Pro! I didn't panic yet because I do have a copy of Media Center Edition 2005 that has a 3rd (Crack)disc, on this disc is OBtimer.reg and Winlogon.exe, copying Winlogon.exe into ..System32\dllcahe AND ..System32 (renaming other) will fix the activation problem. Sure enough it did! Same files accross the platforms! amazing how interchangeable this stuff is!!

**But this now proves that just because that key changer from microsoft accepts your key does NOT mean it will pass the WGA check which is the very next thing you have to do (Unless you install the newest LegitCheckControll.dll as mentioned above :) ) -and so far none have. **

btw as of right now I can still access windows update with no problems!

if anyone is interested in those files that fix the activation problem let me know and I'll try to figure out how to post them (don't know exactly how to do it in the forum)

:) -Bean :(

Edited by beansdouble, 30 May 2006 - 02:05 AM.

#109 WarXchild

WarXchild

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 04:49 AM

muBlinder v2.0 released (30th of May 2006). Check first page of this topic for download link, changes and new screenshots.

if anyone is interested in those files that fix the activation problem let me know and I'll try to figure out how to post them (don't know exactly how to do it in the forum)

Nice investigative work there beansdouble!

If you need to attach a file, reply to a topic and click "browse" on the "File Attachments" section at the bottom of the reply page, then "Add This Attachment".

Just incase it was missed....

muBlinder v2.0 released (30th of May 2006). Check first page of this topic for download link, changes and new screenshots.

#110 FFF

FFF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 05:55 AM

Superb job again WarXchild. :(

At first run I had old version of LegitCheckControl (1.5.0526.0) and M$ site asked for the installation of the new WGA validation tool which I accepted. After the installation of the new WGA validation tool my first attempt to install updates from the M$ site was unsuccessful! :) But I run muBlinder (ver 2.0) one more time and found that now the program patched the new installed WGA validation tool which is 1.5.0530.0 and then everything perfectly followed! :) Very good job...

#111 WarXchild

WarXchild

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 12:31 PM

Superb job again WarXchild. :(

At first run I had old version of LegitCheckControl (1.5.0526.0) and M$ site asked for the installation of the new WGA validation tool which I accepted. After the installation of the new WGA validation tool my first attempt to install updates from the M$ site was unsuccessful! :) But I run muBlinder (ver 2.0) one more time and found that now the program patched the new installed WGA validation tool which is 1.5.0530.0 and then everything perfectly followed! :) Very good job...

Thanks FFF :)

So the first time you ran muBlinder, you clicked on Enable and it replaced the DLL, but when you went to Microsoft Update it asked you to update WGA? Am I correct?

#112 FFF

FFF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 01:54 PM

Not exactly. The first time I ran muBlinder Enable button did not appear and in the validation tab I realized a notice like:

Detecting DLL:Passed!
DLL version: Passed! (1.5.0526.0)
DLL Status: Passed! (team ETHO replacement)

You are ready to download updates!

I clicked on Go To Microsoft Update button, when I am directed to M$ site it asked me to update my WGA validation tool. I did this update and press Continue button to next M$ page but got stuck there with validation check problem. I ran muBlinder once again but this time Enable button appeared and I clicked on it and realized that the version number of the DLL changed to...

DLL version:Passed! (1.5.0530.0)

and then everything worked fine...
I believe a small bug may exists in the code but not a critical one. I am sure you will solve it out in your next version :) But I am afraid that M$ may come up with an anti solution if your program becomes too popular...

Good luck, and thanks a lot for your fine work again.

#113 WarXchild

WarXchild

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 06:47 PM

I believe a small bug may exists in the code but not a critical one. I am sure you will solve it out in your next version :) But I am afraid that M$ may come up with an anti solution if your program becomes too popular...

Good luck, and thanks a lot for your fine work again.

Thanks alot for the detailed feedback, it helped to reproduce the problem. You are right a bug does exist, which I have just fixed in the source code. I will wait for any more bugs or error reports before releasing version 2.1. which would be a good chance to test the autoupdate code as well.

The error will occur in the instance when a user has a version lower than the latest Legit control AND has already installed a replacement DLL. Its not critical though as you have stated, just install the latest WGA from Microsoft Update and run muBlinder again.

#114 R16PAB

R16PAB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 10:22 PM

I Have Just Downloaded ANOTHER VERSION OF GENUINE UPDATE TOOL.. Hope this does not to combat your good work.
:)
Cannot check as i have valid version.

#115 blackrooster

blackrooster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 11:17 PM

Hi I found this forum after searching for 'others' with the dreaded wga problem :)
just a quick Q, when executing the file, I get the error below

If you get the error above, you need to download the Microsoft .NET 2 Framework from here http://msdn.microsof...es/default.aspx

which netframework file should I d/l & install from that page? running xp pro
I apologise for what probably seems a completly stupid question in advance :)
Thanks for taking the time to try and resolve this M$ irritant though :(

#116 mike13

mike13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 11:59 PM

Great work again WarXchild, your newest version 2.0 worked like a charm. Many thanks, Mike :)

#117 beansdouble

beansdouble

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 12:53 AM

Thanks WarXchild! Anyways, any information or experiences that I have I am more than welcome to share! Anything to contribute! But yes these files are handy for that "not-so-recent" activation-ache we all know well. for me its been an easy fix to get rid of activation, just in case anyone is still having a some trouble with that or are looking for an easy way to overcome it

Here is the files (I had to Zip them because for some reason I couldn't upload the *.reg file.): Attached File  ActivationFIX.zip   276.97KB   448 downloads

First copy winlogon.exe into C:\Windows\System32\dllcache\, overwriting the file in there, (During this process you will see the Windows file protection screen come up and will ask you to insert the windows CD, click CANCEL and then ok that you don't want to "fix" this...) Then navigate up one level (C:\Windows\System32\ ) and RENAME winlogon.exe to say~ winlogonBACKUP.exe. Copy winlogon.exe into the ..\System32 folder to replace the one you renamed. You MUST overwrite winlogon.exe in C:\Windows\System32\dllcache FIRST or windows will autamatically fix the file you replace. After doing those 2 things, double click OOBtimer.reg included in the ZIP file above, click YES to add to your registry. Now restart your computer and if all 3 steps were done correctly you will no longer see the activation notice, and trust me I've went WAY longer than 30 days after using this fix so it doesn't just "cover up" the notice!

Edited by beansdouble, 31 May 2006 - 01:20 AM.

#118 Woodsy

Woodsy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 02:41 AM

Detecting DLL: Passed!
DLL Version: Failed!
(Version detected is 1.5.0532.0 Go to the Update tab and update muBlinder )

Bugger.. Anyone got a fix?

#119 engines

engines

Immortal Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 02:46 AM

Confirmed, as of today/yesterday Microsoft have updated their code as to thwart muBlinder. Therefore muBlinder no longer works. I suspect any method similar to this will also fail although I have not had a chance to review the new MS code yet.

Great piece of code WarXchild. :)

I have just loaded it and run it but had a few problems before I got it going. It appears as I had set the manage addons to disable the WGA it would not run but as soon as I enabled it all went well. However i do not see a start and about button as indicated. I just see a screen with the about etc in tabs and then a blind button midway between the tabs and the two buttons for update or downlaod.

#120 akhan789

akhan789

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 01:00 PM

Same thing happening to me as with Woodsy

Detecting DLL: Passed!
DLL Version: Failed!
(Version detected is 1.5.0532.0 Go to the Update tab and update muBlinder )

Maybe crack fixed?

Edited by akhan789, 31 May 2006 - 01:02 PM.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users