Eraserheads

Immortal Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 06:38 AM

Java coffee? :P Nope..... Java - SUN is what I'm talking about. :lol:

Posted Image

Java refers to a number of computer software products and specifications from Sun Microsystems (the Javaâ„¢ technology) that together provide a system for developing and deploying cross-platform applications. Java is used in a wide variety of computing platforms spanning from embedded devices and cell phones on the low end to enterprise servers and super computers on the high end. Java is fairly ubiquitous in cell phones, Web servers and enterprise applications, and somewhat less common in desktop applications, though users may have come across Java applets when browsing the web.

For years, Sun Microsystems referred to Java as the "Java technology" but has used the word "Java" as an adjective about the technology. In practice, many programmers have used the word "Java" to mean the programming language, while the execution platform was called the "JRE" (Java Runtime Environment) and the compiler-system was called the "JDK" (Java Development Kit), rather than a "Java compiler" as such. The word "Java" has often been used as an adjective, but the formal term "Java technology" should be noted

#2 engines

engines

Immortal Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 10:04 AM

Java coffee? :lol: Nope..... Java - SUN is what I'm talking about. :lol:

Posted Image

Very informative :lol: :P

#3 Eraserheads

Eraserheads

Immortal Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 01:53 AM

Thanks mate! :lol: I'm studying JAVA right now using Netbeans as my tool.... Here in the office our backend database is POSTgress... Man! lot of things to study... :P

Edited by Eraserheads, 30 August 2006 - 01:53 AM.

#4 engines

engines

Immortal Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 02:36 PM

Thanks mate! :lol: I'm studying JAVA right now using Netbeans as my tool.... Here in the office our backend database is POSTgress... Man! lot of things to study... :P

it all goes towards experience and useful in your progression through life and work!!

#5 Eraserheads

Eraserheads

Immortal Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 02:43 AM

Yup u r right. :P

#6 kelvin

kelvin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 04:24 PM

Any tips on how to become a good java programmer?
where to start and recommended books.

#7 Mentor

Mentor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 07:54 AM

im also into java i've fallen for this great language since i've studied so many languages this one came on top and im going to pursue this after college right now im reading books ,studying it more!

i finished my java subject in college and i got a good grade eheheh

in the meantime im doig VB 6 for my major thesis this coming semester and im studying more of VB ehehe

i cannot have java cause its too hard for me that my knowledge is not that wide!

i'm also trying to use netbeans but my pc is very low on ram that netbeans tend to be slow ...
i guess i 'll stick with jcreator eheheh

you can see my blog at www.michango5.blogspot.com

#8 Eraserheads

Eraserheads

Immortal Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 09:03 AM

hahaha..... Go with the Java... VB6 is out dated.... and not a good language after all even microsoft not recommending to use it anymore. ;)

#9 leftfield

leftfield

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 11:26 AM

Any tips on how to become a good java programmer?
where to start and recommended books.

I'd recommend Sams Teach Yourself Java 2 in 21 days... That book was a great help throughout my University course. This book is excellent if you have some previous programming knowledge but are new to the Object Oriented paradigm.

My advice to you would be to make extensive use of Java's excellent standard libraries; they're extremely well documented! You can find the current (JDK 1.5 API) documentation at http://java.sun.com/...1.5.0/docs/api/

Just a slight warning the docs will look nonsensical to a beginner, but trust me, they're your friend and they'll make your life a LOT easier as you make progress!

#10 Eraserheads

Eraserheads

Immortal Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 06:15 AM

Nice book indeed.

#11 alvarfanez

alvarfanez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 04:55 PM

Thanks mate! :) I'm studying JAVA right now using Netbeans as my tool.... Here in the office our backend database is POSTgress... Man! lot of things to study... :)

I'm trying to learn Java, but I need help just for the few (or much?) first steps? Please, can somebody help me? Thanks:
Alvarfanez

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users