5 replies to this topic

#1 Yeshna12

Yeshna12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 01:53 AM

BBC Basic for Windows

The easiest, most compact way to write Windows projects.
* Extremely well documented.

* Easy to embed Pentium Assembler routines.

* Typically compiles to <100KB.

* Pictures and other files can be embedded in a compiled .exe

Solid solution for producing Windows programs requiring no run-time libraries.

Documentation is thorough, equaling more than 300 printed pages, with numerous program snippets, rich with hyperlinks for cross-referencing.

The integrated compiler (paid version only) creates small executables requiring no run-time libraries, thus a complete Windows program can be distributed in a single EXE file, if desired.

Low learning curve permits even a new programmer to be up and running quicker than any language I've seen.

Advanced features for programmers experienced in low-level languages, with plenty of help for those who aren't (but wish to take advantage of Windows API, for instance).

Help is available not only in the manual, but also within the program's context-sensitive help, which allows you to point to a keyword, of instance, to quickly get a full explanation of how the keyword is used (excellent for use with the tons of example programs included).

http://rapidshare.de/files/26100982/BBC_Basic.rar

#2 WarXchild

WarXchild

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 01:47 PM

That was the first programming language i ever used ;) thanks didnt know it was still developed.

#3 Yeshna12

Yeshna12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 01:31 AM

That was the first programming language i ever used :o thanks didnt know it was still developed.

but i used qbasic intiially now this ones developed by Russel R.T The credit goes to him He started the project in 2000 and finished nearly 2 years later. But its excellent for children got a lot of graphics programming codes which helps to develop a passion for programming(coding).

#4 engines

engines

Immortal Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 09:56 AM

BBC Basic for Windows

Didn't know that was still about thought it died with all the newer programs.

#5 abccad

abccad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 07:04 AM

http://rapidshare.de/files/26100982/BBC_Basic.rar

Link is dead, anybody can re-up this?
Thank you.

;)

#6 snodger

snodger

Grumpy old man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 10:41 AM

I had used earlier versions of Basic but, about 25 years ago, the original BBC Basic was a revelation - 'Extended Basic' with full procedure and function handling. It was the ideal beginner's language, allowing easy programming without having to compromise on good style.

Enough of the nostalgia! Why don't you download the free version and, if you like it, pay Richard Russell for the full version.

http://www.bbcbasic....win/bbcwin.html

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users